This LibGuide was created as a Guide for students, faculty, students and alumni who wish to know more about the Myers Library's Archival Collection and how best to use them.
The Archives at Ottawa University can be defined as a collection of primary and secondary sources that have a direct connection to the Ottawa University's establishment and history as an educational institution.
The Ottawa University Archives consists of the following types of sources:
1. Published Books on OU History
2. OU Yearbooks, Historical Catalogues, Alumni Directories
3. OU Newspapers and Alumi newspaper
4. Several artifact collections given to the University by donors
5. Special Collections Books
6. Founder Collection books and artifacts
7. Paper archival collections
8. OU photographs, glass-slide and scrapbook collections
9. OU Faculty and Trustee Minutes
The Ottawa University Archives are located in the Archives Room in the Myers Library. Additional archival collections are also stored in two archival storage rooms in the OU Chapel.